Darwin Strikes Back is devastatingly clear in showing how Darwinist critiques of Intelligent Design are often misinformed and consisting of vacuous rhetoric that descends to personal attacks, misrepresentation, and avoidance of the real scientific issues in question. Woodward’s scientific explanations are refreshingly clear and compelling and his evidence of the rhetoric on both sides of the debate are carefully documented, allowing the reader to follow up on the literature.
The evidence is absolutely clear that Darwinism is in crisis - the evidence for macro-evolution is completely inadequate (unlike micro-evolution which is accepted by everyone on both sides of the debate). The cracks in the foundation of Darwinism are being exposed, not only by Intelligent Design theorists, but also by those who are highly respected non-theist evolutionary scholars themselves. The resistance to the implications of the empirical evidence by Darwinian proponents is incredible and the way that public "debate" is carried out is shown, by Woodward, to be the opposite of the open, honest inquiry that Darwin himself practiced.
Darwin Strikes Back is must reading for anyone interested in the debate over Intelligent Design - whatever side of the debate one is on.
- How Not to Critique Intelligent Design Theory
- Intelligent Design Theory Resources
- Design Yes, Intelligent No
- Intelligent Design Theory
- Intelligent Design: The bridge between science and theology
- The Definitional Critique of Intelligent Design Theory - Lessons from the Demise of Logical Positivism
- Intelligent Design Debate and the Rehabilitation of Analogical Knowledge
- Thomas Aquinas vs the Intelligent Designers