- Deluded about God?
- Has science disproved God?
- What are the origins of religion?
- Is religion evil?
Addressing the conclusions of The God Delusion point by point with the devastating insight of a molecular biologist turned theologian, Alister McGrath dismantles the argument that science should lead to atheism, and demonstrates instead that Dawkins has abandoned his much-cherished rationality to embrace an embittered manifesto of dogmatic atheist fundamentalism.
As McGrath points out, even atheists are becoming embarrassed about Dawkins’ approach and fear that he may do more to bolster support for Christianity than any Christian apologist could do! McGrath’s book packs some deep insights into its 78 pages. It’s easy to read and penetratingly exposes the profound deficiencies of Dawkins’ views. It is a must read for anyone interested in religion. Related Links
- Alister McGrath in conversation with Richard Dawkins (downloadable mp3 file)
- Dawkins’ God: Genes, Memes, and the Meaning of Life (downloadable mp3 and video)
- Is God a Delusion? (mp3 file)
- Lots more by Alister McGrath
- My review of Dawkins' The God Delusion